Home Service Worker
Provides support services, under the supervision of the appropriate Client Service Department staff, that assist the client or family in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort.
1. Completion of Eight-Hour Training for New Home Service Workers in Illinois - training provided upon hire.
2. Takes oral and written instruction well.
3. Works in a team responsibly and independently without direct supervision.
4. Records observations and activities.
5. Good communication skills.
6. Knowledge and Abilities:
a) Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to and communicate with primarily the geriatric population, and to a lesser degree the pediatric and adult populations.
b) Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
c) Able to assess data reflecting the client's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each client's requirements relative to their age-specific needs.